So this past Sunday I went snowboarding. It wasn't a particularly good day, end of the season... I was doing pretty well even though the snow was quite similar to concrete. Hit the pipe a few times. All extreme. Uh huh. My last run of the day I decided to try going off this fair-sized jump in the terrain park. Turns out that jump was much larger than I had expected (60' to cover, apparently) and I came down in a position that compromised my left shoulder to the point of breaking it
. That was Sunday, so I've been spending my time at home with a sling since then, phasing between sleep and pain-med induced trippiness.
An illustration of my left arm detached from my body
Alice has been taking wonderful care of me, but you may recall that she herself is recovering from a dislocated elbow from last month. So we're kinda funny. I tell ya, it takes some teamwork and coordination to open jars.
But not all is bad... there are plenty of good things.
- Go to the Moisture Festival
! I went last week when I had both arms and it was great fun, this Thursday and Friday Hacki Ginda
is putting on a Pirate Comedy/Variete Show! As you can image, both arms or not I'm going to the Friday show.
- At last, Pirate Jokes dot Net
has gotten some minor upgrades - a random pirate joke page and each joke has its own link now.
- I am #1 on Google for the search Extreme Cat Circus
- Married To The Sea
and Natalie Dee
are really helping me through this injury.
- A couple weeks ago Alice and I were walking around Greenlake, watching ducks and things like that. At one point a big white duck butted in and pushed the other ducks away from their food, and I overheard a guy say 'Look at that white one! Well, that's not very Christian of him.' We also saw two goats and a bald eagle, seriously, this girl was just walking her goats and some bald eagle was just flying around.
- Apparently when I can't do anything at home I shop online... if this keeps up I'm going to be homeless by the time I've recovered.
Mike, 4-11-2006 with $22.36
That's really funny that your apartment has the most vertical drop in all of Nebraska.
Garhan, 3-31-2006 with $5.25
I'd gladly have broken a shoulder in place of the winter experience I had this year. An experience consisting of me looking out my front window at the -ONE- good snow we had, and then up at my snowboard hanging on the wall (and skiis in the closet). All the while disturbed by the fact that my 3 story apartment building... [150 more to go]